A flexible approach to
We provide a comprehensive service, tailored to suit your projects aims and objectives and management plans, enabling your project to benefit from a more natural management technique. Our aim is to make pigs as a conservation tool more accessible to projects throughout the North West.
Benefits of using pigs for conservation
- They create a dynamic mosaic.
- Reduction in the usage of chemicals and machinery in woodland management.
- Improved access for silver-cultural operations
- Increase in habitat diversity.
- Excellent tool for Bracken and Bramble management.
- Dung left by pigs provides habitat for invertebrates.
- Soil disturbance and foraging behavior encourages natural regeneration.
- Excellent PR tool.
Why use Conservation Pigs?
We provide a comprehensive service, which requires no commitment by the client, with all day-to-day care, infrastructure, animal welfare, health and safety and bio-security being managed by Conservation Pigs. By using our services, you are actively supporting the conservation of British Saddlebacks, currently a 'minority' breed, as all livestock used are pedigree registered with the British Pig Association.